Thursday, February 23, 2006

Once again

I have been remiss in updating here. Oops. I haven't been in a blogging kind of mood the last week or so. Largely because it's half-term break and the children are driving me todistraction-the Princess seems to have decided "clingy and bratty" is the way to go for the week, while the Faery has sworn off naps. What fun.

Oh, how I love my daughters...

But, I have been working my little fingers off, too. I had some trouble with my elves but they seem to have sorted it out themselves, informing me they did not want to be nice to each other but wanting to have a big old argument to clear the air instead. I love it when they do that. I'm within a hairsbreadth of 40k on them, so over halfway done since this is a shorter work. Also had a great, emotional ending come to me in a flash the other day which is always nice.

Then the vamps need to be finished, and then...who knows? I'd really like to get going on another historical, and I finally have a great idea for a historical short to sub to EC for the 2007 Cavemen antho. So I will probably get working on that in the next week or two.

And that's basically it! I'm so boring lately, as I always am when I'm working. Non-working December is a fun gal; working December is dull and speaks mostly in vague platitudes, because she's saving all the good stuff for her work. (Working December also seems to have a disconcerting penchant for speaking of herself in third person. Ugh. Must curb that before I start saying things like, "Don't mess with December" or "December doesn't like it when you do that" or "Bring December another gin & tonic.")

December's fingers float like a butterfly, sting like a bee on the keyboard...

No comments: