Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another Day, another blank page

Well, my MIL left this morning. We actually had a very nice visit, which--if history proves anything--means the next visit will be miserable. Such is life.

Hey, don't forget to keep checking the League blog all week, for the zombies! We have a zombie quiz coming up and everything!

We still have a couple of guest bloggers coming up, too. Mr. Anton Strout was supposed to be here Monday but he is apparently too busy and important for the likes of me. By way of apology I'm trying to get him to make his blog topic any one of the following:
*Why Stacia is the Best
*Why Stacia is so much sexier than Angelina Jolie
*Why I Secretly Love Stacia

But I think he's shy.

And, sometime in the next week or so we're going to start all the Personal Demons contesting and promoing. More excerpts! More prizes! More fun! More silly tasks for everyone to do in order to win! So don't miss all that stuff.

And, tomorrow Black Dragon is released from Cerridwen, so I'll be posting an excerpt and link here as soon as it's available.

Meanwhile...working. Working on a novella for EC, which Caitlin cleverly titled The Hellvella, which it is. I am having a bitch of a time getting it done. It's coming very slowly. I suspect the Merc retrograde had something to do with it. Now that's over and I want to get the Hellvella over too. Fingers crossed.

Once that's done I can start my new project, which has been slowly taking shape in my head for some time now. It involves a lot of research, which is one reason for the slowness. Also, the Hellvella is sitting there in front of me like an enormous toad, which makes it hard to think past. But things are falling into place, and I'm slowly getting over that OMG-I'll-never-have-a-good-idea-or-be-able-to-write-another-book-again feeling. I hate that feeling.

And I guess that's it. I wore myself out a bit last week putting so much work and time into the Heroes series, so apologies for not having a whole bunch to say.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck finishing the Hellvella. I'm sure your next project will begin to click even more the more you focus that genius of yours on it. -V95

BernardL said...

Hellvella? I don't know... :)

Robyn said...

I love the zombie stuff. Gave you a tribute over at Stonehenge, come look!

April 1st! Closer than you think. I can't wait to walk into B&N and pick it up and tell everybody, "I know her! I totally know her! Kind of."

Anonymous said...

The Mercury Retrograde combined with the Saturn Retrograde made everything even more difficult, and those days when Mars was still Ret -- I was bloody on the floor, that's all I'm saying!

Hang tight during the lunar eclipse -- it might be a tough day to be creative. Things should break free by tomorrow.

I'm going to add you to my links, if that's okay -- I'd love to keep visiting back and forth.

And congrats on the new Cerridwen release!

Devon Ellington
Ink in My Coffee

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, sounds like you are busy, as always. Goot luck with the projects in progress.

kirsten saell said...

The Hellvella, huh? Like pushing a big computer to the top of a hill, and having it roll back down every time? It's a bummer you owe it to the publisher, so you can't just set it aside. Sometimes that's all it takes for me. Just put it down for six months.

Or a couple decades. I did write the opening scene (a much cleaner version of it, mind you) of Crossing Swords before I was twenty and never finished it until last spring. Hope the next one doesn't take so long...

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I can't wait to see what's different in the Black Dragon (well, besides the cover)

SdB

Stacia said...

Aaw, V95, thanks! I think "genius" is a little strong, but I appreciate it!


Trust me Bernard, it is the Hell Novella. It is awful.


Lol Robyn! Of course you totally know me. In fact, you've given me a very interesting idea for a blog topic...


It was freaking awful, wasn't it, Devon! Sheesh I can't remember the last time I had this much trouble making words. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, then!
Great, thanks for the link! And thanks, I'm excited about the book having a second chance. :-)

Thanks, Charles. Not as busy as I'd like, really. I like to be busy because the words are flowing and a bunch of stuff is percolating, not because I'm forcing myself to write. Bleh! But thanks, lol.

Stacia said...

Kis, that is exactly what it's freaking like. And I cannot even think of a good Sisyphus pun. And yeah, I'd love to set it aside. I have other stuff to work on, you know? But I really do owe it, and people are waiting on me, so...gotta get it done.
Lol on the decades. That's cool though!


There are one or two big differences, Seeley, but mostly little stuff. I think it's a cleaner edit and there are a few bits I fixed so they make a bit more sense (to me, there were some edits in the other version I disliked, house style issues and such). Plus the author's note has been expanded. Can't wait to hear what you think!

Gabriele Campbell said...

Must be those pesky planets.

Right now, I'm wondering why I write historical fiction since it needs so much research and then the facts get in the way of a good story, and why I write Fantasy when I can't come up with one decent scene that describes the magic system I never really invented in the first place. Plus, I got a lion shapeshifter plotbunny, and I don't need any of those with 5 NiPs working on and several more on the backburner.

A lion, of all animals. Mrrroarrr. Now I need to reseach those oversized pussycats as well.

pacatrue said...

Can you give us any ideas on the next great idea that will take so much research?

Stacia said...

Lol, Gabriele, I have the exact same thoughts most of the time! Why am I doing this...why why why...?


It's a historical, Paca. :-)