Friday, May 30, 2008

Lose Five Pounds in Five Days! The stomach flu way

Oh, dear.

I'm sorry, everyone.

I thought I was feeling better on Tuesday; I rallied a bit, and was able to do my League blog post, but I did spend much of the day resting and watching lame daytime tv.

Wednesday, though...Wednesday was bad. So bad that when the hubs came home from work he called the doctor, and the doctor actually made a house call to give me some sort of anti-nausea shot which did help somewhat. So bad I couldn't even read. The words just swam on the page and made me feel yucky.

I have not eaten anything except a couple of Ritz crackers. I've managed to keep down some Gatorade and some Sprite. And today I even took a shower!!! which was very exciting, if a bit tiring. And yes, I lost just over five pounds (which, okay, I'd be fairly please if that sticks, I admit.)

So I'm hoping I'm genuinely on the road to recovery now. Let's hope.

Meanwhile, not a lot has been happening. I lost an entire week of work, not good. Well, I did manage to scrape 2k words together on Tuesday night. But considering my goal for the week was at least 14k, it's rather depressing. Especially as this was Princess's half-term week, when I thought I'd really be able to get cracking.

There is some good stuff going on, though! Have you all seen Cyn's news? Cyn's been a friend of ours here for a long time, so let's all congratulate her!

And honestly, that's pretty much it for me, I'm sorry. The week has not left me much room to formulate opinions on anything, and my stomach is making ominous sounds despite my feeling a bit better.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat the low word count, it is justified. Just keep resting and get better. -V95

Robyn said...

What V said. Just get better. And congrats Cyn!

Robyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles Gramlich said...

It's no fun to be sick, weight loss or no. I hope you'll get fully back on your feet soon but don't push yourself. Your body might be demanding some rest.

cindy said...

thanks for the well wishes, december! i hope you are back to 100% and have a restful weekend. *hugs*

laughingwolf said...

yeah, main thing is to beat the 'bug', writing will come so much more easily then... hurry well :)

writtenwyrdd said...

Ihope you are 100% really soon. Nothing worse than the flu. Nausea is the pits.

kirsten saell said...

Flu sucks. But I am so totally envious of your five pounds. Last flu I had, I ate maybe 150 calories a day for four days and didn't lose a single pound... Hey, someone needs to notify the media! My body is a natural wonder! Defies the laws of both mathematics and science!

Hope you feel better quick. I was despondent without you!

Stacia said...

I'm trying, V95! Feeling much better today so fingers crossed it's all over.


Thanks Robyn!


Lol Charles, yes, but I have two small children who decided this morning was a good time to put on a little musical revue in their bedroom. So I've been up since 6:15. Grrrr.


You're welcome, Cyn! Thanks!


Hope so, laughingwolf! Last night I think the ending finally clicked for me, so all I have to do is write two bridging scenes and I can get there, yay!


Ugh, written, it is isn't it? It's the worst feeling and you can't get away from it. I hate that.


Sigh, kis, sometimes it just goes that way. That happened to me when I had that upper respiratory thing last year (you know, the hubs and I haven't been as sick in our entire lives as we have been since moving here?) I barely ate for over a week and lost no weight at all.
I was despondent without you too! :-(

Bernita said...

Poor Dear! You've had an absolutely dreadful bout.
Watch out for the depression that sometimes follows.
Throwing up is at the head of my list of things I loathe most in life.It even tops shoving stuffing up a cold turnkey's behind.

BernardL said...

This will make you feel a little better, I hope. I'm on vacation seeing relatives, and am half way through Personal Demons. I like it a lot! :)

Seeley deBorn said...

Well, I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better.

Being up stupidly early is no fun at all (note I am posting at before 7 on a Sunday morning. ug)

Seeley deBorn said...

Totally forgot to say congrats to Cyn. Yay!! Happy sales to you!!

McKoala said...

I have a fever and I have to go shopping for DH birthday and then take both kids and myself for an eye test. But you win.

Chris Eldin said...

Hope you are feeling better now, and are in some skinnier jeans!
:-)
Sorry, but to me, it's worth it!

Anonymous said...

We'll all still be here when you feel well enough to blog.

Take your time and get well first.

Stomach flus suck.