Thursday, March 26, 2009

Some news and things

Okay, I have a few bits and pieces today!

First, yes, I am pleased to announce a deal has been made for a third Megan Chase novel. From PM:

Stacia Kane's DEMON POSSESSED, the third book in her Megan Chase paranormal romance series, to Paula Guran at Juno, by Chris Lotts at Ralph M. Vicinanza (US).


I'm very excited about this third book; I think it's going to be a heck of a lot of fun to write, and we're going to answer a lot of questions and resolve some Big Things in it. I don't have an exact release date but Paula and I are hoping for early spring 2010; since you guys had to wait so long (and waited so kindly and patiently) for the second book we want to get the third one out as quickly as we can. It's going to keep me pretty damn busy for the next few months, but that's a good thing.

I also have cover art for DEMON INSIDE, the second book in the series:




I just finished copyedits for that book last night, and was pleased overall with the story and writing; as I've said, it's darker than the first, and believe me if I'd realized when writing it (I wrote it before PERSONAL DEMONS was released, remember) how popular Malleus, Maleficarum, and Spud would be I would have tried to feature them more heavily, but in DEMON INSIDE edits Paula and I both tried to see ways to give them a little more on-stage time and just couldn't; there just want's room. They're still there, of course, and two of my favorite moments in the book involve them, but you MM&S fans will have to wait for DEMON POSSESSED to get a massive fix of the Misters Brown; the book was plotted before PD came out, too, but I missed the Misters myself, when writing DEMON INSIDE, and so was really happy that the events of DP will give them plenty of room to play.


I have some sort of stomach bug or something that the Faerie brought home from her school, and so feel lousy, ugh. And I was going to do something fun today but since I have news and a cover to post I'll hold on to it until next week.

Could have sworn I had something else, though, but... I guess not. So there you go, anyway. There will be a third Demons book next year--less than a year from now, in fact, is the plan--and the second book has a cover as you can see above.

6 comments:

BernardL said...

Great News except of course for the bug. School is like a Petri Dish of bugs for the kids which they invariably share with you. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like things are going pretty well in general. HOpe you feel better soon.

kirsten saell said...

Congratulations, lady! You freaking rock!

No go lie down and have some ginger ale.

Anonymous said...

What kirsten said. -V95

Robyn said...

Moving in a few weeks AND sick? Ewww.

Lie down and have the girls wait on you.

Devon Ellington said...

Congrats on all the great writing news.

For the stomach bug: ginger biscuits or ginger tea.

Ginger is an anti-spasmodic.

Feel better soon.