Friday, February 10, 2006

Wasting time

Can someone tell me why I spend all day trying to find time to write, then when the Faery falls asleep and I can do some writing, I'm wasting time blogging/reading other blogs/fantasising about Dr. Troy?

The sleeping Faery who, btw, took her VERY FIRST STEPS today! Walked about two feet, right into the Hubby's arms. Aaaaw. She's almost a toddler! I can't believe it. Soon I will have no more babies, just little children. And then the last faint echoes of the urge to have more babies will disappear forever. See, I think most people want more babies as their kids grow up. Not me. I spent the first year or so of Princess's life, and the whole last year, desperately wanting another baby. Once they get a little independent, though, and I realize I have some free time again...I'm gone. No more diapers for me. It's cocktails and fun from there on out.

Princess is still sick. Its the most pitiful thing in the world. But kinda nice. When I don't have to take her to school I can sleep late.
But I'm also not getting my exercise and shall start gaining weight again if I'm not careful. :-(

7 comments:

Daria Black said...

Can someone tell me why I spend all day trying to find time to write, then when the Faery falls asleep and I can do some writing, I'm wasting time blogging/reading other blogs/fantasising about Dr. Troy?

OMG, I'm supposed to be writing right now, instead I'm here reading your blog. LOL. Procrastination, the bane of all writers.

I don't have children but occasionally I get the urge. Then I spend time with my sister's children and that cures it.

Hopefully the youngun' feels better now and you had an enjoyable Valentine's weekend.

Buffy said...

I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.

Pearl S. Buck


This is my new mantra.

Stacia said...

By all means, do whatever you can to curb the urge to have cildren, indigo. Really. They're horrors. Procrastination is indeed a bane, but having little people in your lap all the time is worse.

That's a great quote, Buffy! I'd write it on a Post-it for the computer, but my procrastinate-y mind would decide it didn't look "inspiring" enough, so I'd want to put it on a nice piece of paper, probably in calligraphy, and frame it, and thus waste a whole day on a reminder to stop wasting time. :-)

Mac said...

Congrats on the carpet-crawler's first steps. :)

Sha'el, Princess of Pixies said...

Yes, dear, I can explain it. As much as we love our children, caring for them is tiring. They wear us out. So, they fall asleep. We heave a big sigh, and turn to that which relaxes us.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm returning the favor. And, I agree with the comment you left.

Stacia said...

Thanks everyone! Mac, I haven't been commenting much but I'm still reading.

You know, sha'el, I used to think writing was something that relaxed me. That was before I'd actually worried about getting published/following up what I published with more to build a name. It's still the most fun work one can do, but not quite so relaxing as it used to be. :-(

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! birth control pill acne Home improvement repair ri Oriented and classical software http://www.mens-coats.info dresses for less What drug category is ativan in Volvo brakes trucks http://www.funny-adult-video-2.info Imovie gay cruise atlantis navigator Cheapest ultram overnight online soma purchase ultram and popup blocker All about adware